Corporate Social Responsibility
(As required under the Company Act, 2013)
For us in the T T Group, reaching out to under-served communities is part of our DNA. We believe in the trusteeship concept. This entails transcending business interests and grappling with the “quality of life” challenges that under-served communities face, and working towards making a meaningful difference to them.
Our Chairman’s vision is – “to actively contribute to the social and economic development of the communities in which we operate. In doing so build a better, sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of society and raise the country’s human development index”.
Imnplementation Process: Identification of projects
All projects are identified in a participatory manner, in consultation with the community, literally sitting with them and gauging their basic needs.
Arising from this, the focus areas that have emerged are Education, Health care, Sustainable livelihood and Sports. Most of our CSR projects/activities are carried out through the following four Trusts:.
1. T T Charitable Trust
2. Veeraytan – Vidyapeeth
3. Bhagwan Mahaveer Nithya Annadanam Trust – Tirupati
4. Sri Venkateswara Nithya Annadanam Trust – Tirupati
1.T T Charitable Trust
T T Charitable Trust established in 1976 by Shri Rikhab C. Jain, Chairman of T.T. Group.
This trust has funded a hospital running in Bikaner (Rajasthan) in the name of “Sugani Devi Jesraj Baid Hospital & Research Centre”. Since 1962, this hospital provides healthcare facilities such as Mother & Child Care including a highly specialised preborn infant in cerebration centre, Primary Health Care, Immunisation Programme, Surgery, Dental, Eye and ENT with a thrust on polio eradication and healthcare for visually impaired. The hospital actively prevent female foetus abortion. It has an excellent record to deliver more females than male issues almost every month continuously
Mother & Child care is main “Motto” of Hospital.
The trust is also running homeopathic dispensary in Vivek Vihar, Delhi
In addition to above, Trust contribute regularly to various NGO’s for religious, spiritual upliftment of the society and alleviate hunger, illiteracy, disease and deprivation. Aid to schools and scholarships is a routine for the trust.
2.Veerayatan – vidyapeeth
Company is contributing regularly to this trust. This is a NGO that strives to uplift and empower humanity through the three jewels i.e.; Humanitarianism (Seva) Education (Shiksha) and Inner Development (Sadhna). It runs several primary education, secondary schools, Teachers training school, school of pharmacy and health centres and vocational training centers in different parts of country particularly underdeveloped area. Guiding principle of trust is that: “The flame of one candle can light thousands of others”.
The trust has embarked upon a project to open 200 schools in 25 years in backward rural area.
Shri Rikhab C. Jain, Chairman, T T Group is Chairman of Veerayatan, Bihar and Senior Vice President of the main body.
3.Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti
To alleviate the lot of physically challenged and to reduce their high dependency levels, Company contribute to this trust regularly. BMVSS is the world’s largest organisation serving the disabled. Shri V. R. Mehta Ji, Independent Director of T T Limited is actively involved in the management of the BMVSS. Shri Rikhab C. Jain, Chairman, T T Group had been Vice President of BMVSS for many years. It had been founded by Padam Bhushan Shri D. R. Mehta Ji. This NGO provides all its assistance including artificial limbs, calipers and other aids and appliances to needy peoples.
4.Sri Venkateswara Nithya Annadanam Trust
This trust provides free food to hungry and poor persons. Service to human is service to God.
We believe serving food to people who are suffering from hunger is equal to performing Ritual Yagna.
Keeping in view above, Company contribute on quarterly basis certain percentage of profit to this trust.
In the field of Sports, Company is sponsoring Table Tennis, Veteran Cricket, Lal Bahadur Shastri Hockey Tournament and Basket Ball Tournament.
A specific budget is allocated for each of the above mentioned CSR activities.
The Company’s engagement in this domain is its website, Annual Reports and through the social media.
From day one of establish T.T. Industries and T.T. Brand a certain percentage of earnings had been earmarked and regularly spent on dharmada or charity now recrutioned as CSR.
Our Board of Directors, our Management and all of our employees subscribe to the philosophy of compassionate care. We believe and act on an ethos of generosity and compassion, characterized by a willingness to build a society that works for everyone. This is the cornerstone of our CSR policy.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility policy confirms to the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 and Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013.
T T Limited is vigilant in enforcement of its corporate principles and is committed towards sustainable development and inclusive growth. The company constantly strives to ensure strong corporate culture which emphasizes on integrating CSR values with business objective. It also pursues initiatives related to quality management, environment preservation and social awareness.
To attain its CSR objectives in a professional manner and integrated manner, the company shall:
- Undertake proactive engagement with stakeholders to actively contribute to the socio-economic development of the periphery/community in which it operates.
- Using environment friendly and safe processes in production.
- Create a Positive footprint within the society by creating inclusive and enabling infrastructure/environment for livable communities.
- Ensure environmental sustainability by adopting best ecological practices and encouraging conservation/judicious use of natural resources.
- Work towards mainstreaming the marginalized segments of the society by striving towards providing equal opportunities and making meaningful difference in their lives.
- Focus on educating the girl child and the underprivileged by providing appropriate infrastructure and groom them as future value creators.
- Assist in skill development by providing direction and technical expertise to the vulnerable thereby empowering them towards a dignified life.
- Emphasize on providing basic nutrition/health care facilities with special focus on establishing health centres for the mother and child as well as the elderly.
- Facilitate water conservation by reducing water consumption at the plants and taking up rain water harvesting projects.
- Create a business value chain which is sustainable – environmentally + socially + economically.
- Promote an inclusive work culture.